A yummy and simple to make treat for the family - with any Pureheart Chocolate Nutspread - Almond, Hazelnut or Mixed!
- 1.5 cups maida/wheat flour
- ¼ cup PH Chocolate spread (any flavour)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ salt
- 1 cup of water
- 1/3 cup olive oil or melted butter
- 1 tbsp lemon juice or vinegar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp ground sugar (for dusting)
- Pre-heat oven to 220C and grease a cake mould with oil. Dust the mould with flour and keep aside.
- Sift maida, soda, salt together. Sift at least 3 times.
- In a separate vessel, mix Pureheart chocolate spread, oil/butter, lemon juice/vinegar, vanilla extract and water. Mix gently.
- Slowly add the maida mix in the liquid ingredients. Mix the maida using the cut and fold technique.
- Pour the batter into the greased cake mould.
- Bake at 200 C for about 18-20 min. Baking time would vary as per oven.
- Once the cake is cooled, dust it with ground sugar.