Make Festive Cooking Merry with our Salted Pistachios & Natural Almonds
Who said you need meat for delicious festive roasts? Here’s one for the vegetarians and vegans - pumpkin, pomegranate, cranberries, Pureheart Salted Pistachios, Pureheart Natural Almonds - it's filled with festive flavours!
Serves: 6 people
- 2 tbsp of milled flaxseed
- 400g of pumpkin - peeled, deseeded and cut into 3 cm chunks
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 tbsp za’atar
- 2 tsp of cumin powder
- 2 tbsp of coriander powder
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1 finely chopped celery stick
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 200g roughly chopped Pureheart Salted Pistachios
- 100g roughly chopped Pureheart Natural Almonds
- 100g fresh breadcrumbs
- Half a small bunch of coriander leaves
- 200g fresh or frozen cranberries
- 4 tbsp brown soft sugar
- Combine the flax seeds with 4 tbsp water in a small bowl and leave to thicken.
- Heat your oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
- Toss the pumpkin in a roasting tin with 1 tbsp olive oil, the za’atar, cumin and coriander. Cover the tin with foil and roast for 30-35 mins, or until the pumpkin is tender but still holding its shape.
- Oil a 900g loaf tin and line with baking parchment.
- Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan.
- Fry the onion and celery for 10-15 mins, or until softened.
- Stir in the garlic paste.
- Tip the Pureheart Salted Pistachios, Pureheart Natural Almonds, breadcrumbs and coriander into a bowl.
- Then stir in the flaxseed mixture, fried veg and roasted pumpkin.
- Season well.
- Put the cranberries in a pan with the sugar and cook for 3-4 mins, or until the sugar has dissolved and the cranberries are just starting to soften.
- Spoon into the base of the loaf tin, then leave to stand for 5 mins to set slightly.
- Top with a mixture of the nuts, patting it down firmly and smoothing the top with the back of a spoon.
- Cover with foil and bake for 25 mins, then uncover and bake for 25 mins more.
- Leave to rest for 15 mins, then invert onto a serving plate, removing the parchment.
- Top with extra chopped pistachios and pomegranate seeds, then serve.
Salted Pistachios Nutreat - https://tinyurl.com/8e6wa3w3
Natural Almond Nutreat - https://tinyurl.com/2p8krcp9