Rich in flavour, this simple dessert is a popular Indian preparation. Warm sheera on a chilly evening is all you need to bring a smile to the faces of your little ones. Here's the recipe with Pureheart goodness.
- 1 cup (100 Grams) Pureheart Natural Cashews coarsely powdered
- 1 cup grated coconut, fresh coconut
- 3/4 cup sugar ( I used only half a cup)
- 4 tablespoons ghee
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder
- a few strands of saffron
- A few ghee fried Pureheart Natural Cashews for garnish, chopped
- Begin with making the sugar syrup. In a saucepan add the sugar and 1/2 cup water and cook oil until the sugar has dissolved. While the syrup is still warm add the saffron strands so they begin to ooze out their flavour and colour.
- Heat the ghee in a heavy bottom pan and sauté the powdered Pureheart Natural Cashew and grated coconut in it for 7-10 minutes on low to medium heat. Take care to keep stirring the mixture all the while. The mixture will gradually turn light brown and instead of being clumped together, it will begin to resemble a crumb.
- Once the mixture is properly sautéed add the sugar syrup. Keep stirring till everything is mixed well and turns into a homogenous mixture. Add the ground cardamom powder and mix well.
- Serve warm, garnished with some chopped Pureheart Natural Cashews.
Order your Pureheart Natural Cashews today - https://tinyurl.com/4cj2jxyw