Make Festive Cooking Merry with our flavoursome Fruit & Nut Nutmix
That waft of freshly baked cake everywhere you go is one of the best parts of the festive season. When does it begin at your house? The Fruit & Nut Cake is an evergreen classic - so here’s our version with our delicious nutmix - Fruit & Nut.
- Pureheart Fruit & Nut Nutmix - 1 can is 230 grams of Nutmix. Use as per your preference
- 1.5 cups of flour
- ¼ cup of vanilla custard powder
- 1.5 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- ½ a cup of oil
- 1 cup of yoghurt
- ¾ to 1 cup of sugar
- ¼ a cup of Lemon juice or 1/2 a cup of Orange Juice
- Water as needed to adjust the consistency. Takes about 1/2 cup or less
- Sift together the flour, vanilla custard powder and baking powder & soda.
- Swiftly beat oil, sugar, yoghurt and mix well till the sugar dissolves - this is our wet mix!
- Add the sifted flour mix to the wet mix and combine well.
- Now, add lemon/orange juice
- Add water as needed to adjust the cake batter. Since we aren’t using eggs, the cake batter should be slightly thicker than that of regular cake
- Finally, empty Pureheart Fruit & Nut Nutmix into the batter. Mix lightly.
- Pour this into a greased baking dish.
- Bake at 350F in preheated oven for 45 to 60 minutes. Use the tried and tested cake check hack - bake till a toothpick or knife inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the pan and bring it onto a cooling rack.
- Your vegetarian Fruit & Nut Cake is ready!
Get your Fruit & Nut Nutmix here - https://tinyurl.com/juxj2yp8