Cashews, shaped like a boxing glove, are one of the most famous nuts in the world. The nut spread its roots in Goa, India, between 1560 to 1565; cashewnut is enjoyed by everyone in various forms. Some people like it in raw form, others like it in roasted cashew nuts, while some like them in nutspread or butter form. Cashews are nuts that can be consumed in numerous ways. You can use them as toppings for desserts or use cashew paste to make a dessert. The options can go on and on.
Cashews not only taste good but have several health benefits as well. They are suitable for your heart as they help in reducing LDL cholesterol. This reduces the chances of cardiovascular disorder. It is also said that they can reduce the chances of stone in the gallbladder and later reduce the chances of the gallbladder removal operation.
Apart from this, there are many other advantages of cashews. Just like there are many benefits, there are also a few interesting cashew fasts we bet you didn’t know about before. Curious much? Well, then scroll down below to find the list of ten interesting facts about cashews and cashew nut spread.
Amazing Facts About Cashews and Nutspread | Bet You Didn’t Know Them
Cashews grow on trees and protrude from a fruit known as the cashew apple. This boxing glove shaped nut is widely enjoyed by people all across the world. At the same time, some others believe that cashews are actually the shape of a kidney. Whatever its form may be, one thing is true: it has the highest amount of zinc and copper content in its nutritional value. Among all the other nuts, cashew is believed to be one of the most beneficial ones with many interesting and unknown facts.
Eager to find out all about these amazing facts? Well, what’s the wait then? Mentioned below is the list of 10 amazing facts about cashew nuts.
- Back in 2010, Nigeria was the largest producer of cashews.
- Cashew trees grow the best in dry or wet tropics. To grow the most refined quality cashew fruit and nuts, the ideal temperature is 77 degrees Fahrenheit during the day and 50 degrees Fahrenheit during the night.
- If you wish to plant cashew trees, the most appropriate soil is sandy soil.
- Cashews have the highest nutritional value of zinc and copper compared to other nuts. Plus, there are also various other minerals, carbohydrates and proteins in cashews.
- When the cashew apple turns into a nice red colour, it is concluded that cashew nuts are ready to be harvested. At times the colour can be pink or yellow in place of red. In any case, if they are still not harvested and the fruits fall to the ground, then it gives 100% assurance that the fruit is ready for harvestation.
- Originally the cashews belonged to the Anacardiaceae family, also known as the Sumac family. And on an average, the cashew tree grows tall, about 32 to 50 feet.
- The cashew you eat is actually the seed. Initially, it is surrounded by a double shell with components like urushiol and a potential skin irritant. So, before coming on to the market for selling, they are first treated by either roasting, boiling, or streaming. Only then the shell is removed. This process is mandatory because the oil can cause skin irritation as the shell has toxins present.
- Here's another interesting cashew facts, before all the roasting is done, cashew nut is originally a shade of green.
- Suffering from gallbladder problems such as stones or kidney stones? Try avoiding cashews at the moment because they contain oxalates, which might aggravate your condition.
- The cashew fruit is originally in the shape of a kidney or a boxing glove. It develops as a drupe tip of the cashew apple. This drupe grows first on the tree, followed by the pedicel, which later develops into the cashew apple. Within the real fruit is a solitary seed that is frequently referred to as a nut in the culinary sense.
Pureheart is one of the leading online stores for selling almonds & cashews at best prices. You can find a wide variety of products in our store, from cashew nutspread and paste to almond nut and spread. We also have a range of hazelnut and chocolate products. Check out our online store today to avail of the best prices.