A complete snack, satisfying taste, and a tempting topping, natural cashews are the most preferred nut for their rich flavour and health benefits. Many people consume cashews in raw form. The delicious snack is packed with plenty of health benefits and protein and tastes good when roasted. Cashews are even more delectable and nutritious when roasted. Roasting Kaju brings out the naturally rich flavour and produces a crunchy and buttery texture which complements the health benefits of cashews and makes them a nutrient-dense snack. Did you know a handful of roasted Kaju keeps a person full for a long time? Cashews are high in FODMAP (fermentable oligosaccharides, disaccharides, monosaccharides, and polyols) , food ingredients that make a person feel bloated.
Roasting cashews are extremely easy at home. It can even be done in various kitchen appliances such as microwaves, air fryers or even on the stove. You can make your own flavours, including salted cashews and masala cashew. If you want to roast cashews at home, here are the effective ways.
Ingredients Required For Roasting Cashews
Anytime you want to prepare roasted cashews or salted cashews, you need to have these ingredients. Each of the cashew roasting procedures will use:
- 1 cup Cashews (almost 5 ounces)
- 1-2 tbsp Natural Oil (Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Grapeseed Oil)
- Salt to taste
Cashews roasted at home are more delicious than roasted Kaju sold in the supermarkets. However, raw cashews already have undergone the heating process to help remove the toxins and the outer shell of the nuts. If you still want to add a texture and flavour, roast cashews yourself at home.
Simple Methods To Roast Cashews
There are numerous ways to roast cashews, and these quick ways are easier to achieve your desired texture and taste.
Roasting Cashews At Stove
It is a traditional and instant way to achieve roasted cashews. To get the desired results and avoid overcooking, you need to stir the pan continuously.
- Heat a pan over medium to high flame.
- Add oil, cashews and a pinch of salt.
- Stir nicely to coast the cashews with the oil and salt.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes while stirring continuously.
- Remove the pan from the heat when cashews are browned.
Roasting Cashews In Microwave
If you want to get roasted cashews or salted cashews instantly, the microwave is the best option.
- Mix cashews, oil and salt in a bowl
- Place them on a microwave-friendly plate in a single layer.
- Put the plate into the microwave at full power for one minute. Repeat the process until you get brown roasted cashews.
Roasting Cashews In Air Fryer
Small countertop convection is designed to provide a crunchy texture to the food without submerging the food in the oil. The air fryer is the new kitchen gadget that works like a microwave or oven and saves time.
- Preheat the air fryer to 350℉
- Meanwhile, mix all the ingredients in a bowl and place them onto the air fryer when it is heated
- Cook for 5 minutes, give them rest and toss salted cashews.
- Replace half roasted cashews in the air fryer for an additional 3-4 minutes or until they have done perfectly.
Roasting Cashews In Toaster Oven
You might not have tried a toaster oven yet, but it can work well to roast your cashews. This gadget has fewer chances of burning or overcooking your cashews.
- Set the toaster oven to 355℉.
- Meanwhile, mix all the ingredients well.
- Place cashews in a single layer on the baking sheet when the oven is heated.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes or until you achieve brown roasted Kaju.
If you notice them overcooked or acrid smell, turn off the oven immediately.
Pureheart is an incredible platform to buy pure, healthy and delicious snacks. If you are looking for a crunchy texture while maintaining the authenticity of your snacks, none can beat Pureheart. For us, health is the priority. We make our best efforts to make genuine and flavoursome products. At Pureheart, we have a variety of snacks to keep you full for the entire day. Make your breakfast to evening snacks healthier and tasty, with our range of snacks such as natural cashews, pistachios, nut paste, nut spread, natural almonds, nut mixes, etc. Every product at Pureheart is crunchy while preserving nutrients and vitamins. Shop Now!