- MAKES ¾ CUP
- PREP TIME: 5 minutes
- ACTIVE TIME: 10 minutes
- 1 pack of Pureheart Natural Cashew Nutpaste
- 5 to 6 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon white soy miso (or chickpea miso)
Combine the cashew paste, water, lemon juice and miso in a blender and process until smooth. Add up to 2 tablespoons more water depending on the consistency you prefer. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
Now for the CHEESE DIPS!
Note - The cheese will thicken when chilled, so you may need to add more water to make it thin.
You can make the following types of sauce by blending these cheese types and condiments into your Natural Cashew Nutpaste & water mix:
- Smoked Gouda Cheese Sauce: Add 1 teaspoon smoked paprika, ½ teaspoon garlic powder, and ½ teaspoon dried dill.
- Mixed Herb Cheese Sauce: Add 2 teaspoons of dried mixed herbs of your choice. I prefer ½ teaspoon dried thyme, ½ teaspoon dried parsley, ½ teaspoon dried oregano, and ½ teaspoon dried basil, but any blend will do.
- Cheese Spread: Use only 3 tablespoons of water, or use the regular amount and chill the cheese sauce for at least 24 hours. The sauce will thicken into a spread.