Bring home a little bit of Paris' famous macarons - you can make these delicious and light confections at home!
- Almond flour - 3/4th cup
- Icing sugar - 1 cup
- Egg white 2 at room temp
- Salt a pinch
- Granulated sugar - 1/4th cup
- Food gel colour
- Pureheart Choco Almond Nutspread
- Sift the almond flour and icing sugar to remove any lumps
- Mix it together and keep aside
- Beat the egg white and when it becomes frothy add the granulated sugar little by little
- Beat the mixture till soft peak is formed
- Add any gel colour of your choice and mix well
- Fold in the flour sugar mixture and fold in slowly within 30 to 40 strokes till its consistency makes it drop down from a spatula
- Transfer into a piping bag
- Place a baking sheet on an oven tray pipe small amounts on to it
- If you want similar rounds draw the circles and pipe out
- Then tap the tray on the surface to let out all the air bubbles from the mixture
- Let it rest for 30 minutes till the surface becomes dry and it does not stick to the finger
- Bake at 150 C for 12 to 13 minutes. Let it cool. Take out the biscuits and pipe in the Pureheart Choco Almond Nutspread on one side and close with another biscuit.
- The same recipe can be used with cashew powder instead of almond as well
Now relish the yummy mix of our Choco Almond Nutspread and light, fluffy biscuits.